Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Social Commentary

At first my mind was blank as to what I was going to pursue for my Location assignment. I came up with a few ideas, which all took place back home in Cootamundra: One, to photograph my friend who works at a local child care centre and also tecahes dancing at one of the studios in his spare time. Two, my Grandfather and his friends playing in a lawn bowls tournament at the local Country Club. Three, to photograph those who play Bingo at the Country Club each Friday. I eventually came up with a final idea, and settled on it.

I chose to photograph my Dad who is an aircraft engineer. He works at the local airport, Masling Industries. I intended on following him and displaying what he does there. Maslings specialises in aviation turbine engine component maintenance and overhaul. Although they are a small organisation in the town they are a leading component overhaul facility, and have customers throughout Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Solomon Islands, Fiji, Papua New Guinea and the Pacific
Throughout his office and the hanger, this is what I came up with.









No comments:

Post a Comment